viernes, 28 de mayo de 2010

ANECDOTES

My aunt and I went to a nice resort hotel for a long weekend. There was a beautiful polished oak staircase that ended about ten feet from the swimming pool. There was also a big hall off the pool area, where a wedding reception was taking place. I commented to my aunt that they shouldn't have that kind of staircase so close to the pool, because it is possible the bride could slip and fall into the pool. After we swam for a while, I had to go to the bathroom. So I ran up the oak steps towards our room. I was so glad that I hadn't slipped on the steps that I kicked one leg really high and yelled "TA-DA". I lost my footing and fell backward into the hallway (at least not down the steps). My aunt laughed hysterically and so did I. I laughed so hard that I was just lying there pounding my fist on the carpet. This elderly couple came out of their room, and the man just stepped over me, but the woman ranted and raved about young people who get so Dad blamed drunk and stoned that they lie on hotel floors and laugh all day long. By this time, I REALLY had to poop, so I got up, but since the lady was still watching me, I skipped back to our hotel room. This time, when I went back to the pool, I was smart enough to wear my tennis shoes, and took my aunt her shoes, too.
---------------------------------------------
Renting apartment
A large family, with seven children, moved to a new city. They were having a difficult time finding an apartment to live in. Many apartments were large enough, but the landlords objected to the large family. After several days of searching, the father asked the mother to take the four younger children to visit the cemetery, while he took the older three to find an apartment. After they looked most of the morning, they found a place that was just right.Then the landlord asked the usual question:"How many children do you have?"The father answered with a deep sigh, "Seven...but four are with their dear mother in the cemetery."The landlord, feeling sympathetic towards the man's situation, rented the apartment to him.
--------------------------------------------

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario